At G.A. Carmichael Family Health Center, we believe getting the healthcare you need shouldn’t be hard. For this reason, we are happy to offer a list of resources to help you and your loved ones get the medical care you deserve. This includes resources for the underinsured or uninsured, women who are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, those in need of social services, and those who are interested in enrolling in health insurance coverage.
We encourage you to learn more about each of our resources below. For your convenience, we offer all of our services in both English and Spanish.
The Perinatal High-Risk Management/Infant Services System (PHRM/ISS) is a case management program for high-risk pregnant women and their babies less than one year old. PHRM/ISS provides enhanced access to health care, nutritional and psychosocial support, home visits, and health education to women who are in need. The purpose of PHRM/ISS is to help reduce the infant mortality rate and to help reduce the rates of low and very low birth weight infants in Mississippi.
PHRM/ISS Case Management Program Services
If you are eligible and decide to participate in the PHRM/ISS program, you will receive services from a case management team consisting of a public health nurse, social worker, and nutritionist. Your case management team may help you with:
- Finding a medical home for you and/or your baby
- Referrals for services such as Medicaid, food stamps, and WIC
- Referrals for family planning, transportation, medical services, and breastfeeding assistance
- Health information, such as preparing for the hospital, infant safety, and healthy infant development
- Nutritional information
Am I eligible for PHRM/ISS?
Only patients who are Medicaid beneficiaries are eligible for the PHRM/ISS cases management program. If you are a Medicaid beneficiary and identify with one or more positive risk factors, we encourage you to reach out to our team for more information.
G.A. Carmichael Family Health Center is proud to offer assistance with health insurance coverage programs under The Affordable Care Act (ACA). We host a team of certified application counselors who are able to assist you with accessing the Health Insurance Marketplace. Our assistants can help you learn about available health plans, so you can make an informed decision in choosing the plan that is right for you and your family. Our assistants can also answer any questions you may have about tax credit programs, cost-sharing reductions, and special enrollment periods.
For more information, please contact our Outreach and Enrollment Assistants:
Canton Main Site
Yazoo City Main Site
Yazoo City 49 Junction Site
When enrolling in health insurance with one of our assistants, there are a few pieces of information you will need to have with you. Below is a list of documents and information you will need when enrolling.
- Home and/or mailing addresses for those applying for coverage.
- Information about those applying for coverage.
- Social security numbers of family members in your household.
- Date of birth of family members in your household.
- Documentation for legal immigrants.
- Information on how you file your taxes.
- Employer and income information for every member of your household (for example, from pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements).
- The best estimate of what your household income will be in the upcoming year (during open enrollment period).
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household.
- A completed “Employer Coverage Tool” for every job-based plan you or someone in your household is eligible for. (You’ll need to fill out this form even for coverage you’re eligible for but don’t enroll in.)
- Notices from your current plan that include your plan ID.
Case Management in Central Mississippi
If you live in Canton, Belzoni, Yazoo, Madison, or Humphreys County and are in need of financial relief for your healthcare services, look no further than G.A. Carmichael Family Health Center. We offer a wide range of case management resources for men, women, and children who need primary healthcare and dental care services.
If you have any questions about our case management programs, we encourage you to call us today at (601) 859-5213. To make an appointment with one of our expert providers, please use our convenient online appointment request form.